Louisiana crazy laws, trivia and fun facts
Crazy Louisiana Laws
- It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.
- You are not allowed to mock a contestant aat a boxing math.
- Mourners at a wake cannot eat more than three sandwiches.
- It is illegal to gargle in public.
- It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
- Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
- Biting someone with your natural teeth is considered simple assault. But if you bite someone with your false teeth is is considered aggravated assault.
- You can end up in jail for up to ten years for stealing an alligator.
- In Lafayette, Louisiana it is illegal to play a musical instrument with the purpose of attracting attention without a license.
- Taxi drivers beware. It is unlawful to make love in the front seat of the taxi during their shift.
Louisiana trivia and fun facts
- The town of Jean Lafitte was once a hideaway for pirates.
- The Cherie Quarters Cabins, built about 1840, are still standing on the historic River Lake Plantation in Pointe Parish, Louisiana. They are a rare example of a single story slave cabin, there are two still standing.
- Louisiana is the only state that has parishes instead of counties.
- The staircase at Cretien Point Plantation was copied for the plantation Tara in Gone With The Wind.
- Breaux Bridge is known as the "Crawfish Capital" of the world.
- The only port in the nation that is capable of offloading the world's largest supertankers is the Louisian Offshore Oil Port. It is located in a deepwater part of the Gulf of Mexico.
- The longest bridge over water in the world is 24 miles long and is located in Metairie, Louisiana.
- The oldest surviving 18th and 19th century sugar plantation in America is in Laurel Valley Village, Louisiana.
- Terrebonne Parish has been rated, for three years in a row, as the best place to live in Louisiana by Money Magazine.
- Myrtles Plantation in St Francisville is said to be one of the most haunted houses in America. This plantation was built around 1796 and has quite a spirited history.
Amazon Price: $9.87
List Price: $5.95
Amazon Price: $0.00
Amazon Price: $1.99
This Hub was last updated on March 12, 2011
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this article up or down.